Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Ark Addendum - Darkwings' Extras

An Ark Addendum on a Wednesday?  What is the world coming to?

Actually, my colleague Bish wanted to get his UK comics review up yesterday, so I yielded the floor to him so he could finish out Prey.  I didn't think anyone would mind.  Now, though, it's time to return to The Ark Addendum.  As promised last week, we go back to Japan.  I figured I'd look at the Darkwing brothers some more.

In The Ark II, I had three pages of material on these guys.  I put the human and robot forms on one page each, then had a third page with all the jets, including the combined mode.  This was a bit awkward, but given the amount and quality of material I had available to me at the time I didn't have much choice.

By the time  Transformers: The Complete Ark  (order it today!)  rolled around, I had a good deal more, and the Darkwing Bros got 5 pages.  Each human got a full page, each robot/jet got a full page, and the combined version got a full page.  This was much more satisfying to me.

And yet.... there was still all this cool stuff I had to leave out, like alternate angles on the interior of the jets, specifically focusing on the seat.  There were drawings showing the jets from dead on with pilot, a rough transform for Buster, and some details on how Buster's mouth can open.  So, I gathered them together and present them here.  (I've got a polished Transform for Buster, and Hydra as well, so expect that to show up here at some point.)  They're neat designs, but I imagine you can see why I left them out rather than have a page like this or shrink all the other elements in the Darkwings section.  Hope you enjoy!  And, if you missed it, I've featured their weapons and the combination transform in the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thank you, Jim.

Martin