Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wreckers Awareness Week!

Exciting times over in IDW Transformers-land!  Last Stand of the Wreckers went ahead and sold out its first issue, an impressive feat thanks to the terrific writing and wonderful artwork of the creative staff.  Issue #2 is on sale now, and who knows, maybe it'll sell out too.

My fellow TF-Scribe Nick Roche has declared this week to be Wreckers Awareness Week, so I figured I'd do my bit.  Here's a new poster I made with some of the character models for cast members showing up in LSotW #2.  So, head on over to your local comic book shop and try to find a copy post-haste!  If you love Transformers, you'll be glad you did.  Learn more about Wreckers Awareness Week over at Nick Roche Is a Bad Man, Nick's blog.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Great image, Jim! I love the black & white character models. Looks great. Who's the dinosaur guy pictured here?

Jimtron said...

Dinosaur guy .... Sixshot, you mean?

Sam said...

Sixshot. Okay, I must turn in my geek card now. Forgot he was in the comic, so I thought he was some random japanese dinosaur guy.. :-P

Brian said...

I fell behind in collecting the IDW comics back in late 2008 and have never been able to catch up. Now I feel even more out of the loop in that I am missing some great Wrecker stories!

Unknown said...

Nice cover. Is the sparkabot image official concept art? I've never seen it before. Do you have other US models from 88'or is this just a rare jem?

Jimtron said...

That is Guzzler's official character design. I've got almost all of the 1988 designs, and hope to use them in an Ark III at some point in the future.

Unknown said...

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that Jim. If it's half as impressive as the other 2 Ark books I'm in for a real treat.