Thursday, July 23, 2009

Iván's Gallery: Destron Pretenders

IT'S MADNESS AND INSANITY THIS WEEK!!! BISH'S REVIEW ON A WEDNESDAY!!! IVÁN'S GALLERY ON A THURSDAY!!! WHAT WILL BECOME OF US!?!?!

Ahem.

Excuse me, I was having one of my fits. But really, this week has been a bit off, between Iván's computer issues and Bish's large party for tonight. I myself have been crazy busy lately, though I should still get my review up tomorrow. Hopefully Iván will have his computer problems behind him soon, though there may be some lingering impact to our schedule here. But enough about real life, let's talk Transformers!

This week, Iván brings us the Destron Pretenders. It should come as no surprise to see more Masterforce-themed artwork from this talented fellow. Here's what he has to say about this piece:

BAD GUYS RULES !

When I saw these guys first time thought. - hey ! wait a moment, this is not transformers.

They appeared in a marvel comics number that we had the Pretenders.
Later in the Masterforce series would have more importance, act as leaders of a small vanguard force decepticons on earth. And the supreme commander is Blood, Bomb-burst in the U.S.A version.

This was an unexpected twist to the traditional concept of transformers
And the truth is that I love this new trend.


This illustration is a tribute to the Decepticons actors appearing in the first episodes of the series, and my friend Rafa, helps me with the amazing colour of the pin-up.






2 comments:

Caleb Barber said...

I'm not all that into the Pretenders, but Iván, this is a d*mn good piece- nice work!

Carlos said...

it was an honour bieng part of that TF Mosaic piece ;)